I fancy Chinese food ever since I was studying in university. Every time we hanging out to Mahkota Parade (the famous shopping complex at that time), i will choose to eat Wanton Mee for lunch. There is no place that i can eat a HALAL Wanton Mee except there. And i like it till now.
I found that most of their dishes sometimes required many types of soy sauce (dark, light, sweet and etc). The moment I decide to cook my own Chinese dishes is when we having diner at Baba Nyonya here at Muar town. We ordered Spicy Tamarind Fish, Mixed Vege and also Steamed Silken Tofu.
It does not look special to me. But it did when i first taste it. I was well, Wowed !
Then i decided to give it a try. More, I prefer to eat it on its own. Got the recipe from here
Steamed Silky Soft Tofu
Adapted from Beancurd Flavor
1 box silky tofu
1 tbsp fried shallots + garlic
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce ( I replace with 2 Tbsp Sweet Dark soy sauce)
1 tbsp chopped spring onions
1. Add water to steamer and boil it.
2. Remove silky tofu from packaging, rinse and drain well on a heat-resistant plate.
3. Steam silky tofu for 15 minutes.
4. Slice shallots & garlic thinly.
5. Saute until golden brown. Then set aside.
6. Remove silky tofu from heat after 15 minutes. Drain the excess water.
7. Spread oyster sauce, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce and top with fried shallots+garlic & chopped spring onions as garnish. Optional: add 1 tbsp fried shallot oil.
8. Serve hot.